Tysons Breakfast Briefings
Beginning this fall, the Tysons office of Miles & Stockbridge will be launching a monthly breakfast briefing series to enable clients and friends of the firm to better remain abreast of trends and developments in a variety of areas of law and business.
We will be posting updates and announcements regarding this wide ranging series to this page. If you would like to receive notices regarding this event series, subscribe here.
Our first briefing details are as follows:
Program Title: GOVCON Joint Ventures and Teaming Arrangements - Hot Topics and Key Issues to Address
This breakfast briefing seminar will focus upon joint ventures and teaming arrangements among government contractors with focus upon current “hot issues” and key issues to address when entering into and operating one of these arrangements. The program will cover:
- General overview of JVs and teaming arrangements and the process, form and documentation of such alliances;
- Partner diligence and liability - The government has placed renewed emphasis on supply chain and cybersecurity for reliability for prime contractors and the subcontractors and suppliers who support them, including those who team with them. The briefing will address these areas of concern and steps that can be taken to assure minimize risk of subsequent issues;
- Enforceability - Recent court decisions have held some intended such alliances to be unenforceable - the briefing will cover these decisions and terms and steps that can be taken to ensure enforceability;
- Opportunities and Issues with Small and Disadvantage Businesses - Government procurement rules create special opportunities when teaming with small, disabled veteran, and minority or women owned businesses - the briefing will provide an overview of the rules and opportunities associated with such arrangements, including mentor-protégé arrangements.
Attendees are welcome to remain afterwards for additional questions and the opportunity to engage in one on one discussions. Light breakfast will be provided.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
7:30 - 9:30 AM
1751 Pinnacle Drive
Tysons Corner, VA 22102
Future planned briefings include:
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019: “Solving the Headaches of Implementing the Family and Medical Leave Act: Advanced Issues in FMLA Leave”
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019: “DOD’s Proposed Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification Requirements – What We Know and How to Prepare”
We invite you to provide input for future briefings as to the topics that you would find most interesting for you and your business. Please complete this brief survey.
Questions: Contact Senior Events Manager Regina Smith.