Miles & Stockbridge has worked closely with our Education clients for more than twenty-five years to help them achieve their goals and to advise and defend them when legal issues arise. We have developed deep experience in education law by staying attuned to and anticipating the challenges of our Education clients. We build long-term relationships founded on mutual trust and respect.
Our Education Law team is comprised of more than twenty-five attorneys from a wide array of practice areas within the Firm who are experienced in the issues affecting educational institutions. Included in our Education Law team are attorneys from our Labor & Employment, Banking and Finance, Commercial & Business Litigation, E-Discovery and Information Governance, Employee Benefits, Government Contracts, Intellectual Property & Technology, and Real Estate Transactions practices.
Our clients include colleges, universities, independent schools, public school districts, and for-profit educational entities. We work closely with each client to ensure that we are fully aware of the educational and related issues confronting each institution. Our Education Law team counsels higher education and K-12 institutions in many areas, including:
- Compliance with issues involving EEOC, DOL, OCR, OFCCP, OSHA and other regulators
- Discrimination and harassment claims
- Disability and accommodation claims including issues involving facilities, admissions, internet access and testing protocols
- Employment advice and litigation, including ADA, ADEA, FMLA, Title VII, Section 504, tort, and contract claims
- Employee benefits
- Employee performance and discipline and severance agreements
- E-discovery and document retention
- Faculty reappointment and tenure
- Finance and bond counsel
- Human resource policies and training
- Intellectual property, technology transfer and related litigation
- Investigations - Internal and governmental
- Labor law issues
- Litigation stemming from clinical trials and other research activities
- Medical resident issues and discipline>
- Patent counseling and prosecution
- Premises liability, security and related tort issues and litigation
- Privacy and FERPA
- Real estate
- Student discipline and other issues
- Student sexual misconduct and Title IX
- Technology transfer and licensing
- Wage and Hour
- Whistleblower issues
For more information about our Education Team, please contact Steven D. Frenkil at 410.385.3758 or via email.
To view the list of lawyers on our Education Law Team, click here.